ALGA-Cable T15 system puts at designers and companies’ disposal a wide range of cables, manufactured with 0.6” strand of normal production, which are able to cover the stressing forces and the anchorage types widely required by the actual post-tensioning technology.
Cables of major or minor capacity and special anchorages can be produced to satisfy specific
The essential points that characterize and distinguish Alga Cable T15 Post-Tensioning Systems are:
- The compact anchorages are designed to facilitate the installation and the grouting of the cable. They are designed to distribute in the concrete the pre-stressing force applied to them with the efficiency required by the main national and international norms (Italian Norms, BS4447,F.I.P. Recommendations, prEN13391).
- Post-tensioning jacks that, due to their sizes and weights, are the smallest and lightest ones available in this field.
- The small-sized anchorages and light weight pulling jacks make the design and construction of the structures easier.
- In fact, using Alga Cable T15 Post-Tensioning System, the anchorages can be placed much closer to the main ribs without increasing the deviation of the cables to face the cumbersome size of jacks. The result is a consideration reduction of friction losses, of stresses induced into the concrete by the deviated tension, of space and recess necessary for the jacking.
- Furthermore, the cylindrical and compact casting units leave more space for the reinforcement and concreting, improving in this way the final quality of the construction.
Project cases: ARNO Bridge, Chamram Stayed Bridge, Bridge Over the River Livenza
Location: Florence at "L Indiano", Italy
Owner: Municipality of Florence
Designer: Prof. F.De Miranda
Stays: Length 58 to 112m Capacity 262 to 365 wires diameter 7 mm
Year of execution: 1975-1977
Remarks: It has been the first cable stayed bridge built in Italy. It is the only example of stays prefabricated at job site.